Bad Axe Tool Works makes saws as they would have appeared fresh out of a 19th Century American sawmaker's shop, only you're in the driver's seat when it comes to how you want the saw trimmed out and tuned to your exact requirements.
Custom-built Bad Axe saw delivery: 6-8 weeks.
Pre-built saws ship within 72 hours of ordering.
Vintage saw sharpening & tune-up service turnaround: 6-8 weeks.
Vintage Saws for sale as of: 30 Aug 2013
Put a Bad Axe saw in your arsenal, and find out why Popular Woodworking Magazine chose Bad Axe Tool Works for one of its Favorite New Tools of 2011.
|Stay current with Bad Axe developments|
Apple and bronze. Mequite and black nickel. Walnut and bright silver nickel. Or perhaps copper? The combinations number in the thousands, and you get to design the saw that suits your requirements the best. Just let me know. ~ Mark
Excellence is not an option at Bad Axe. When you purchase one of our saws, you'll take delivery on a traditional, hammer-set saw tailored to your personal aesthetic and tuned in conformance with your woodworking style.– Mark Harrell, Owner
- "I take a deep pride in my suite of Bad Axe Saws. Mark has preserved one of the great art forms that is woven into what makes America a great creative country."
–Geoff Brandenburg, Truckee, CA
- ". . . .tracked the line like a bloodhound. Hats off to you, good Sir. You have again exceeded my expectations."
–Adam Cruea, Odenton, MD
- "Just stunning, absolutely impeccable craftsmanship. Disston and Wheeler have nothing on you, Sir. I am further convinced that yours are the finest saws being made!"
–Robert Bellman, Waverly, IA
- "I'm just blown away. These saws track like they are on rails! You truly are an artist, and it's refreshing to see this type of craftsmanship."
–Johnny Harrell, Boise, ID
- "I think my son's reaction to his American Kid sums it up. I gave him the saw and the first thing he said was: Can we go cut some wood? Thanks again, Mark!"
–Todd McHenry, Chicago, IL
- "I received my order today and cannot tell you how in love I am with these bad boys. The quality of cut and feel in your hands cannot be beat. OUTSTANDING!!!"
–Dan Cuevas, Camp LeJune, NC
- "I realize you claim no magic is involved with your filing, but your saws do track like magic lasers. I need to trek to La Crosse for a seminar."
–Bela Hackman, Memphis, TN
- "Of course a problem immediately occurred in that now I have three or four premium saws from other companies up for sale so that I can invest in a couple more Bad Axes. Outstanding, Sir, you make us proud of American craftsmanship."
–Ted Miller, McDonald, TN
- "There will come time, I'm sure, when we will no longer say "razor sharp" to describe how well something cuts. We'll say sharp as a Bad Axe'!"
–Brian McGeown, Brighton, Australia
- "Even my wife, who usually just suffers my woodworking tool enthusiasm, was genuinely impressed with the finish of the cut and the quality of the saw itself."
–Ethan Anderson, Houston, TX
- "I just received the hybrid DT saw and it is absolutely superb. The saw starts well, cuts effortlessly, and leaves a nice cut surface, all the while turning heads when in use."
–Daniel Koncur, San Diego, CA
- ". . . holy crap - I thought I knew what sharp was. I was wrong. It turns out the best technique for using it is just to get out of its way."
–Matt Moore, York, PA
- ". . . amazing! It came to hand as if I had been using it for 20 years and the handle was perfectly worn to fit only me. No effort on my part to steer the saw or help it cut. Its own well balanced weight and subtle set kept it true in a very quick cut. Effortless is the word that comes to mind."
–Joe Wilson, Mississauga, Canada
"Mark is the first sawmaker who has gotten me to put my rip dozuki on the shelf and leave it there."
Professional Woodworker and Author
"This is a saw I can use all day. It works with me, not against me. Smooth!"
Professional Wooworker & Contributing Editor,
Fine Woodworking Magazine
"Bad Axe saws are the absolute standard of quality & function in hand saws today. And damn are they sharp!"
The Unplugged Woodshop
Made by Hand and The Unplugged Woodshop
"Brilliant!! I have struggled to find suitable saws for the girls at our school, and know what a difference the right tools make."
Luthier & woodworking instructor
"Bad Axe Tool Works has put a lot of effort into making a saw with traditional features that are like no one else's on the market. The result is a saw that both appears and functions like a saw that Henry Disston would have put his own name on."
--Erik von Sneidern,
The Disstonian Institute
"If Bad Axe saws were motorcycles, we think they would be Harley-Davidsons. The craftsmanship on these saws is incredible."
Publisher, Lost Art Press