Anne Briggs of Anne-of-All-Trades blog making it happen at it in her Washington Workshop.
Bad Axe Two-Piece Bench Hook Sets:
$49.95 per set
International Customers, please note an additional shipping surcharge will apply.
Bad Axe Bench Hook Sets (immediate delivery)
Bench Hooks are to back saws what coffee mugs are to drill sergeants . . . and as indispensable as they are, it's sometimes just a pain to make your own when you'd much rather go straight to work on a project as time permits in your busy schedule.
I'd like to offer you one of mine, a nice, two-piece set made of quartersawn and fully-cured red oak with the miters already cut into the fences, that performs as good as it looks. You'll get double-use out of this bench hook; when one side wears out, flip it over. It's going to last you a while.
If you're a southpaw, indicate that in your purchase note, so I can make your hook for a left-handed user.
Compared to other bench hook sets on the market, this one commands a premium price, but you get what you pay for: a square, jointed, ruggedly-constructed two-piece set made of quartersawn red oak you'll get double-use out of.
Is this something you can make yourself? Absolutely. So what we're selling here is convenience, when you'd rather be making furniture. But this is not a haphazardly made accessory. All parts consist of select quartersawn stock to mitigate wood movement with seasonal change, and has been rubbed down with boiled linseed oil. All parts are carefully glued together with Titebond III, and the fences are dadoed into place. Overkill, yes--but if you're going to spend money on an accessory like this, then it should be bombproof.
All Bad Axe Tool Works Saws are highly customizable, and Feature the Following:
- Custom filing available at same price per request
- Bad Axe saw sharpening rates $15 nominal fee
- Highly-figured 19th-century patterned hickory handles, also available in cherry, walnut, maple & mesquite.
- Five handle sizes available: XS, S, R, L, XL
- Flush-face slotted sawbolts/nuts in three alloys and four finishes with a 13/16" deep-dish decorative medallion
- Firearms-quality hot-blued finish on traditionally-folded steel back
- Optional black or bright nickel carbon steel, brass, copper-plated and bronze saw backs
- Premium-grade Swedish Spring Steel, RC50-52
- Traditional hammer-set toothline
- Lifetime guarantee against all material defects
Learn more about my material choices and saw design rationale.
Other Top Selling Bad Axe Tools:
- Bad Axe American Kid Back Saw
- Bad Axe 10" Dovetail Back Saw
- Bad Axe 10" Carcase Back Saw
- Bad Axe 12" 'Stiletto' Dovetail Back Saw
- Bad Axe 12" Hybrid Dovetail/Small Tenon Back Saw
- Bad Axe 12" Carcase Back Saw
- Bad Axe 14" 'Bayonet' Precision Carcase Back Saw
- Bad Axe 14" Sash Back Saw
- Bad Axe 16" Tenon Back Saw
- Bad Axe 18" Large Tenon Back Saw
- The Roubo Beastmaster
- Bad Axe 20" Miter Box Saw
- Bad Axe Bench Hook Sets
- Bad Axe Tool Care
- Bad Axe Accessories