Bad Axe Bench Hook Sets
$44.95 per set
International Customers, please note an additional shipping surcharge may apply.
Bad Axe Bench Hook Sets, $44.95
Bench Hooks are to back saws what coffee mugs are to drill sergeants . . . and as indispensable as they are, it's sometimes just a pain to make your own when you'd much rather go straight to work on a project as time permits in your busy schedule.
I'd like to offer you one of mine, a nice, two-piece set made of flatsawn and fully-cured red oak with the miters already cut into the fences, that performs as good as it looks. You'll get double-use out of this bench hook; when one side wears out, flip it over. It's going to last you a while.
If you're a southpaw, indicate that in your purchase note, so I can make your hook for a left-handed user.
Compared to other bench hook sets on the market, this one commands a premium price, but you get what you pay for: a square, jointed, ruggedly-constructed two-piece set you'll get double-use out of. More details follow below:
Bad Axe Bench Hooks Feature the Following:
- Fully cured and flatsawn red oak.
- Bombproof construction: Hooks and Fences locked in via dado cut and glued with TiteBond III glue for superior holding strength.
- Companion Support rest included for longer pieces of work, which includes a walnut planing stop for modest block plane requirements, making the bench hook set even more versatile. Planing stop rises 1/4" high, spans the width of the support rest, and is secured via dado joint & Titebond III glue for bombproof durability.
- Bed measures six inches wide by 10.5" deep; the hook and fence is 1.25" square.
- 90 and 45 degree mitre guides already cut into the fence; the fence is shortened by half an inch on the right side for straightforward cuts you'll want to make and still have a bed for your saw to bite into at the end of the cut instead of the nice Roubo workbench you just made.
- Flip the bench hook over, and you have reverse mitres for situations when you need a different angle for a troublesome cut.
- All surfaces planed flat, but not smoothed—friction counts when bracing your work against the fence.
- Wood treated with boiled linseed oil.
Other Top Selling Bad Axe Tools:
- Bad Axe 10" Dovetail Back Saw
- Bad Axe 10" Carcase Back Saw
- Bad Axe 12" Hybrid Dovetail/Small Tenon Back Saw
- Bad Axe 12" Carcase Back Saw
- Bad Axe 14" Sash Back Saw
- Bad Axe 16" Tenon Back Saw
- Bad Axe 18" Large Tenon Back Saw
- The Roubo Beastmaster
- Bad Axe Bench Hook Sets
- Bad Axe Miter Box Saws (coming)
- Bad Axe Fasteners
- Bad Axe Tool Care
- Bad Axe Accessories