Bad Axe Bench Hook Sets
$44.95 per set
International Customers, please note an additional shipping surcharge may apply.
Bad Axe Bench Hook Sets (immediate delivery)
Bench Hooks are to back saws what coffee mugs are to drill sergeants . . . and as indispensable as they are, it's sometimes just a pain to make your own when you'd much rather go straight to work on a project as time permits in your busy schedule.
I'd like to offer you one of mine, a nice, two-piece set made of flatsawn and fully-cured red oak with the miters already cut into the fences, that performs as good as it looks. You'll get double-use out of this bench hook; when one side wears out, flip it over. It's going to last you a while.
If you're a southpaw, indicate that in your purchase note, so I can make your hook for a left-handed user.
Compared to other bench hook sets on the market, this one commands a premium price, but you get what you pay for: a square, jointed, ruggedly-constructed two-piece set you'll get double-use out of. More details follow below:
Bad Axe Bench Hooks Feature the Following:
- Fully cured and flatsawn red oak.
- Bombproof construction: Hooks and Fences locked in via dado cut and glued with TiteBond III glue for superior holding strength.
- Companion Support rest included for longer pieces of work, which includes a walnut planing stop for modest block plane requirements, making the bench hook set even more versatile. Planing stop rises 1/4" high, spans the width of the support rest, and is secured via dado joint & Titebond III glue for bombproof durability.
- Bed measures six inches wide by 10.5" deep; the hook and fence is 1.25" square.
- 90 and 45 degree mitre guides already cut into the fence; the fence is shortened by half an inch on the right side for straightforward cuts you'll want to make and still have a bed for your saw to bite into at the end of the cut instead of the nice Roubo workbench you just made.
- Flip the bench hook over, and you have reverse mitres for situations when you need a different angle for a troublesome cut.
- All surfaces planed flat, but not smoothed—friction counts when bracing your work against the fence.
- Wood treated with boiled linseed oil.
Other Top Selling Bad Axe Tools:
- Bad Axe 10" Dovetail Back Saw
- Bad Axe 10" Carcase Back Saw
- Bad Axe 12" Hybrid Dovetail/Small Tenon Back Saw
- Bad Axe 12" Carcase Back Saw
- Bad Axe 14" Sash Back Saw
- Bad Axe 16" Tenon Back Saw
- Bad Axe 18" Large Tenon Back Saw
- The Roubo Beastmaster
- Bad Axe Bench Hook Sets
- Bad Axe Miter Box Saws (coming)
- Bad Axe Fasteners
- Bad Axe Tool Care
- Bad Axe Accessories